Question:
What are the must see and must do things in the Eifel Region of Germany ??
djhartmannn
2007-07-23 12:46:20 UTC
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bitburgerland/
Two answers:
m....n...
2007-07-23 13:50:01 UTC
-See the Stiftskirche in Kyllburg it is over 700 years old, and Schloss Malberg near by.

The tourist information there also gives guided tours, through the little town that point out historical markers. (I think they have some English speaking ones too). Also they have guided hiking tours through the beautiful area.

- There is a small town named Monschau. It is like walking through a fairy tail. Some people call it "Venice of the North" In the surrounding area nearby you'll find old buildings with snow hedges, very tall hedges with gates cut in them.

-Kommern is a place where they build a little museum village out of historical buildings that were supposed to be torn down across the land ,they took them apart and brought them to Rheinisches Freilichtmuseum near Kommern.

-The Volcanic Eifel with its crater lakes most of them you can swim in. in Brockscheid you can visit a place where they make big church bells.

-You can take the train to Trier or Cologne the train rides are very scenic and there is a lot to see and do in those towns. Lots of roman remains in Trier (it is the oldest City in Germany)

-Burg Eltz is a place I like a lot. I know they have tours in all languages there.

- There is this place called Wallenborn it is in the Daun direction they have a well there that bubbles up every half hour or so. kind of like a mini gushier.
Tantrum
2007-07-31 09:40:02 UTC
Monschau is definitely worth a look.

Pop into Aachen, which is nearby.